Welcome to the LifeLine Blog, where staff, volunteers, passengers and guests will share their experiences, advice and helpful hints.
- Pilot Tips & Tricks – Responding to passenger requests…Sometimes passengers make requests and the pilot is unsure how to respond. Here are a few we have come across and our recommended response: Q: The passenger texts or calls a pilot directly a… Read more »
- Pilot Tips & Tricks – In-flight Tips for an Easy FlightTo make flights easy for all of our pilots, we have certain protocols that we ask all of our passengers to follow. This means the passenger experience remains the same, even with different pilots…. Read more »
- Pilot Tips & Tricks – Flight Communications“Communication is the bridge between confusion and clarity.” Once a flight has been set up, communication between the volunteer pilot and the passenger is extremely important to the mission. Here are a few… Read more »
- Pilot Tips & Tricks – Helpful Hints for a Worry-Free FlightA lot goes into coordinating a LifeLine Pilots flight. Our Mission Coordinators are working with the passengers, pilots, physicians, social workers, and sometimes other volunteer pilot organizations to make it all happen. … Read more »
- Pilot Tips & Tricks – All you need is VPOIDSEverything that we do as an organization goes through our database called VPOIDS. This is how volunteer pilots sign up with LifeLine Pilots, how you as a pilot keep your information up-to-date, how… Read more »